26 April 2015

Where Do I Begin?

Since I've last posted on the blog life has been busy. Besides work, we have been doing the last of Sarah's move and she left her flat a couple of weeks ago. She's started her new job and came home with lots of equipment and has been going through a lot of training.  She's finding it a bit tough going with all this, but it's early days and I hope she will soon settle into it.

Then last Saturday we had a visit to the Isle of Wight, which was a fab day out, but my phone refused to share them with my iPad, so no pics to show here.  The occasion was my youngest son, Jamie's 30th birthday and we were joining him and his family for the last day of their holiday there.  We had a lovely time seeing small aeroplanes in the nearby airfield and later a nice meal at a pub with a play area, which kept younger ones amused.
 
Yesterday I went with my Mum to the annual Brockenhurst Needlework Fiesta. It has a lot of varied traders, from embroidery suppliers, quilting shops, knitting supplies on the ground floor and demonstrations by local groups and teachers on the upper floor of the community centre.  I also took the opportunity to take my main sewing machine to New Milton for servicing en route to the Fiesta.  I had to buy fabric, from The Dye Bag and from Cherry Tree Fabrics

I also bought a knitting pattern book
Yep, it's Christmassy, but it will take me a while to knit, so starting early!!

But I have also been sewing.  Now the evenings are lighter I don't need so much artificial light, so I have been hand quilting a couple of Dolly Dress Up blocks that seemed to have been hanging around for ages. I've still got to get more of the water erasable pen removed in spite of spraying copious amounts of water the other morning.

I've also sewn together backing fabric for my deconstructed quilt from last year, piecing the remaining blocks to two halves of backing fabric to extend the width of the backing.


As a reminder, this is the quilt top
Next job will be to iron this and sandwich together the quilt ready for when my machine comes back from its service.

So I'm still fitting things in when I can.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of lovely stuff!!!! Do you ever look at Amo's blog? View from our hill I think, i think she was at that show too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts