23 August 2015

Bits and Bobs

Not much has been happening sewing wise other than progress on a mini quilt swap making.  I can't share much here (a bit hush hush until next month) but a can show a sneaky peek which I put on Facebook earlier this week


Not wanting to disturb my daughter Sarah, who's on night shifts this week, I tidied up a drawer in my room and found one of those free kit thingies that came with a magazine, in this case Homemaker from some time back. The magazine has long since gone, so this is the item, an owl panel

I ve cut out the pieces and used a small piece of wadding big enough to back the front and hand quilt the features before joining front and back and stuffing.  The hearts are separate items to the owl. It also came with a couple of small buttons and a small amount of which thread, which didn't look very good quality so I've disposed of that. The owl looks cheerful and quite simple so something different to have a go at.

Talking of having a go at things, someone on the UK Quilters Facebook page suggested some 1930s prints to go with the Farmer's Wife 1930's blocks sew along coming up next month, so I've gone and ordered a bundle. Something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts