01 September 2015

Secret Squirrel!

Not much to show for the end of this month, as I have a mini quilt swap to keep secret for another week or so until the recipient in the swap receives it.  I've also made a small present for my sister, but her birthday is in another week so that's hush hush too.

I have bound the Indian Lady in progress since the end of July in sari ribbon, which took a bit of sorting out and ironing for a decent piece to bind the quilt with.

I've even found some earrings for her and I will take my time adding some bangles to her arms. I think I might couch some fancy threads I have in my embroidery stash.

In August we had our holiday in the West Midlands which included a Diesel engine driving experience for David and Festival of Quilts visits for me and a first visit to the Festival for David. We also had some time exploring Birmingham City centre too. More about our holiday here, here and here.

Since the Festival I have discovered the Farmers Wife 1930s quilt and although I couldn't get the book in Birmingham I did buy it online after and bought a collection of fabrics from Sew And Quilt.  There seems to a revival of 1930's fabrics so there may be more to look out for later. Kerry of Very Kerry Berry is starting a Sew Along, which I hope I can keep up with. Here's a pic of the fabrics from the Gracie's Schoolhouse Classics collection

Something lovely to look forward to in September.

Like the new look this month?  Thought I'd have a bit of a change while I was playing around with the settings.  Let me know what you think - I'd like a bit of feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts