28 May 2017

Malvern Quilt Show

Last Saturday on our way back home to Poole we stopped off at Malvern again. This time it was for the Quilts UK show there.  The Showground was still clearing from the previous weekend's RHS Spring  show and there were a few exhibits still left from that.  This is a busy show, I'd bought my ticket in advance and a lady from one of the coach parties had spare tickets so bought one for David and he came as well to look around and left me later to have a look around and shop.

The quilts were lovely but there wasn't as many competition quilts as I thought there would be. Further non competition display quilts were in the marquee attached to the Showground building. There were a lot of traders packed in the remaining space and as I said it was busy and crowded around the traders.

I did manage to get some photos. Let me say here that I cannot attribute who made these as I didn't buy a programme (which was silly of me). If anyone can identify them please let me know.  But below is the champion quilt by Moira Neal, which also won the themed category gardening theme.
Below is a Passacaglia quilt.  I have to admire the person who made this. Too much of EPP sewing makes my eyes go funny for me. The detail and the fussy cutting done is just brilliant.
Another wonderfully detailed quilt, wholecloth and added textile with free machining.
Another winning quilt in its category, views of Orkney(?). The detail and stitching in that large wall hanging.
This was one of the collection of quilts, I like the little Kantha stitched blocks by Gilli Theokritoff
Also 2 small quilts with a clever use of shading with fabrics

Some fabric purchases made, mostly from Kaleidoscope.  Here's a pic below with fabric from my visit to Castle Quilter's shop earlier in the week on the left. Stocked up the stash for a while.
So that was our holiday done.  We've got a weekend away coming up at the end of June and a bit more holiday will booked for August and Festival of Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, some fab quilts there! I tried fussing cutting on my La Pass but it's difficult to get them accurate!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts