The scrap box was sorted out into shapes and strips. The strips may become flip and sew blocks, but I'll sort out some yardage for backing for that sometime, but for now the box is nice and tidy and I can now shut it in the drawer unit. The pop up bin is for smaller scraps and that will go to my friend Penny who takes them to a local playgroup.
I've had some in return already and they're all different.
On Thursday at the quilt group I demonstrated how to make a biscornu pincushion which was sewn all round and I finished this off on Saturday evening, after stuffing with scrap wadding, sewing the gap in the seam and finishing of with buttons on both sides in the middle of the cushion. I made a small one several years ago, so I can't remember where I saw it, but there have been needlepoint versions in Stitch magazine.