I had a go at the layering technique but I think the paint that I have is thicker and I took it straight out of the little pot not having anything to hand to pour into. Also with my clearing out I found that some paints have become old and not much left in them, but hey ho, this is all part of the fun. I had some blue and want to mix in some yellow, which by this time was all used up, so I added some limey green Setacolour paint that had some shimmer.
Above is what the fabric looked like just painted. This was folder while wet and I put it over the airer on top of a plastic bag until dry
I'd also used some blue, yellow and a few dabs of purple on very damp cloth and rubbed together to merge the colours and added some sea salt which produced this lovely piece of fabric, this was another of Deborah's techniques, but went a little mad on the salt. Think I'll be a bit more subtle next time, not bad though.
Below is the first bit of dyeing, a bit blobby, the second one the paints merged a bit to give a marble-y effect and the bottom photo shows more and even more merged effect this time on paper
Terri Stegmiller's blog, from which she made Valentine's cards. I have a few mask stencils and chose a flowery one on hand. I only had one spray colour in lilac so sprayed that over the stencil. I then tried to water down a metallic bronze Stewart Gill paint, but it's too old and thick to use and ended up with blotches on another card, so I think that paint will have to go. The heart was made from a previous fabric paint exercise.
Yesterday I was invited to join some friends for a Sewing Saturday, which was a nice relaxing day of sew and chat. My workshop machine hadn't been used for a while and it was a bit noisy but after warming up a bit was sewing like a dream. I made 3 more Scrappy Trip blocks to add to the 11 already made with another in progress.