22 April 2007

New stitches



I've posted a pic of the 2 latest stitches in the TAST challenge, Oyster stitch and a little bit of Palestrina stitch, which I've also posted to the Flickr website. Oyster stitch took quite a while to master, but got enough of a hang of it to sew these lupins, together with a few French Knots. The thread that I used for the lupins is Coats Anchor Multicolour Stranded Cotton, which is made in some lovely colours. The lupin pattern was originally a goldwork pattern from Stitch magazine which I thought would be a good way of showing off this stitch.

If there are any English people out there reading my blog - I'd like to wish you all a happy St George's Day tommorow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts