08 May 2007

Trying to get creative



Today I'm on holiday the day after the Bank Holiday. After doing the chores I thought I'd get down to a little expirimental stuff which I'd normally not have the time to do. In Arts In the Mail Yahoo Group the challenge this month is "mixed media". I've made a card which has the background fabric printed from the paper bag, the flower picture from a magazine (my garden looks nothing like that - shame!) covered with self adhesive plastic film, flowers trapped in organza stitched on top of the pic. I then stamped a trio of little flowers and backed the whole thing with pelmet vilene and hand made paper. Phew, I hope that's enough, though will have to stitch around all layers to hold together.

Yesterday the Bank Holiday was spent stitching some "string" pieces into squares, which will form the basis of another quilt, probably for local Project Linus. I started the first 4 blocks in a quilting meeting back last winter, but just last week decided to have a go at more blocks until I got all 16 done. Nove have to think how I'm going to arrange them and look at some border fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts