15 August 2007

Slash and Embellish

I had a go at using some unusual fabrics to make this postcard for a challenge for this month on Arts in the Mail, in the theme of "Slash and Burn" . Haven't done the burn bit yet, but here's photos of the slashing. I layered up some hand dyed cotton, fine muslin, silk, lame and organza. The layers were sewn together with metallic thread. Then slashed. I further distressed this with my embellishing (needlepunch) machine.

I liked the front (above) but also liked the look of the back as well (below)

I joined the back of the work to some craft Vilene and used some ribbon yarn, also distressed by the embellisher and zigzagged onto the postcard.
Think I impressed myself with this one, think I might try another!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts