13 November 2019

November

After last month’s blogging marathon, it’s taken me until almost the middle of November to post anything.  It’s been busy so far with my Mum’s 90th birthday celebrations (she had the big birthday last Thursday) culminating in a surprise party on Sunday at my sister’s with us, our husbands, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren present - 18 of us in all.  She enjoyed the surprise to seeing everyone together.

Returning to normality, I went to West Country Embroiderers group on Monday doing a painting and embroidery workshop entitled The Wave, which was a lot of fun.  It was run by another member of the group and it’s great that using similar shades of blue how different the pictures look.

 I made a second painting while I had some paint left.  I made a more stormy wave with this one
This was teacher's sample so this is the sort of look we're aiming for..


I’ve just finished some knitting today as I completed the Fair Isle fingerless mitts.  They’ve just got to been washing and currently being blocked.  I'll have to think what to knit/crochet next.  I'll post photos in my next blog post when all the ends are trimmed after blocking.

I've spent some time this afternoon doing some secret sewing, but it's what I wanted to do has not quite worked out how I'd like.  So might have another bash at it tomorrow.

Weekend before last David was at Swanage Railway and the weather was awful so I stayed at home and sewed.  A friend of mine wanted to make book covers and I gave approximated measurements but I had a go just to see if those measurements worked and they did.  I didn't quilt them but did back with outside fabric with some Vilene to give extra body to the cover.  Here they are


I had an A5 one (with the cats) which had a narrow spine and and A6 (with the wellie boots)which was a hardback spiral bound book.   I've got a diary to use from next month and am looking to cover that instead of the plain green cover that it has.  Makes it a lot easier to see in my handbag!

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts