01 August 2020

A July Furtle

Last month I finished crochet kits that were hanging around and this continued into July.  I made Gareth the Fox, which I wrote about earlier this month and is now lounging on top of the storage unit in my room.  I already have a rabbit, blue tit, owl, cat and chicken so there’s quite a menagerie now. The rabbit now has a scarf to go with her coat.





I finished off my Hostfagring shawl which I wrote about here


I’ve also finished off my cardigan, I’ve even got buttons. Really pleased that I’m adding to my made cardigans rather than buying cheap thin ready made ones. This was a Stylecraft pattern made with Stylecraft Bellisima yarn.


Another knitted finish, which I only started at the end of last month is the Sprindrift Shawl, by 
Curious Handmade . Quite and easy shawl by ticking off the progress on the pattern. 

Earlier in the year I made the Attic 24 Dahlia Blanket from the Dahlia yarn kit,  I still had some yarn left in the pack after making a large blanket and a mini one. I used what was left to make another mini for my youngest granddaughter using the same stitch pattern but a different colour order

And then trying to get as much as I can out of the yarn I then made a coat hanger cover. I added some Polyanthus flowers and leaves.  All are Attic 24 patterns.
As for sewing I managed to put the Youngish Quilter blocks together at the beginning of the month and started quilting them.  I am using the walking foot and straight stitching, but adding in one or two wavy stitches as well.

Earlier this week I put together a few of the blocks from the first Splendid Sampler blocks from a few years back

The weaving embroidery is finished.  I spent a few mornings listening to the radio and working on that to get it done. I finished off with a felt backing but didn’t have quite enough of a whole piece so I joined two smaller pieces together and cut out a circle backing. Im really pleased how this looks and may tackle another one sometime.


Some blocks were made for Siblings Together
Birch trees for Dianne
9 patch blocks for Jane.

Phew, that was busy month.  Even though things outside are eased, most time is still spent at home, so I still find plenty to do.

There’s a couple of new things for August which I’m looking forward to - a new kit so I can add to the menagerie.

I'm linking this post to Mini Archie's Monthly Furtle Around the Blogosphere, so pop over and see what other bloggers have been up to.

Archie The Wonder Dog

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what terrific projects! Love all your yarn arts. What a terrific Furtle. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your new cardi! And your shawl! And the fox and the blanket and the coat hanger and the embroidery and Luna’s scarf! Hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms* The Splendid Sampler blocks look lovely all together - do you know how you’re going to quilt it? Thanks for furtling! (Sorry for the late visit!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts