28 October 2020

Coastal Crochet Coasters

 Since the end of last week I’ve followed a daily Crochet A Long hosted by Coastal Crochet Making crochet coasters.  I posted my mine as I’ve made them on Instagram.  I have a small collection of cotton yarns for crochet in a small fabric bowl, which are a mix of Schepjes, Rico and Sirdar Happy.  I have found the Rico a bit coarse to crochet with and the Schepjes (the small yarn balls) quite smooth but a little thinner, but between them got a nice colour combination to make the coasters.

The first was this Octagonal one, quite an easy to follow pattern
The second was a bit more challenging, working in the round and changing colours
Day 3 was this little starfish one. I’ve made a star shape before for my Christmas Advent wreath from last year so that was easy

Day 4 was a seaside scene for this square coaster

And lastly for day 5 was this lovely scalloped coaster, which I made in pastel ice cream colours (well, when at the beach you have to have ice cream!)


The whole collection together 

With the recent rainy and windy days of autumn, it’s good to enjoy the last days of summer.  This was a really fun little CAL.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts