20 April 2021

Revised List, Finishes and Acquisitions

 Before the 8th April, I had to list outstanding items on my Finish A Long list and I also updated the list on my sidebar for the next quarter, though not much has changed apart from the completed Sew 4 The Soul book and the purple cardigan.  There has been recent action on the Kingfisher Quilt (see the March Furtle post) with just 11 of the border hexagon clusters left to quilt around.  I had found in my stash a half metre piece of a neutral fabric which is just enough for binding,  so it’s looking as though the end is nearly in sight.

Another quilt on the list is the Scrapbusting 2 quilt. This will have a fleece backing, so it won’t be a ‘proper’ quilt.  I bought the fleece this afternoon from Seahorse Quilting as non essential shops have been open for just over a week.


I’m working on Sarah’s cardigan and last night picked up stitches on one front.  Counting up I required 232 stitches and used 2 circular needles to do this.  I did 233 stitches - 1 stitch extra - which I though was not bad, so I’ve managed to lose that stitch. The top circular is a bit old and is very curly, but using two needles was the easiest way to spread the stitches.  This is the right front that I’m working on here so there are buttonholes on the top patterned bit. So that’ll be the more complicated band out of the way.


I have a couple of knitting finishes. Cecily’s cardigan was finished last week as I was at last able to get some buttons.  I was pleased how that turned out and really loved the colour.  This is a Sirdar pattern and the yarn used is Stylecraft Bambino in Mellow Yellow.


A second finish was my Alder socks.  The pattern was in the Knitter, issue 161, and designed by Helen Kurtz.  There is the addition of beads at the top of the socks, but decided to leave those out.  They are knitted in West Yorkshire Spinners Signature yarn in Foxglove (patterned) and Honeysuckle (plain) for heels, toes and cuffs. It is a toe up sock with short row toes.  


As for the acquisitions I treated myself to more West Yorkshire Spinners yarn specially made for Yarndale as I loved the colours of the Barbara (left) and added the Hope yarn (right) to my order. The project pouch has Barbara sheep on it. Not sure what I’m going to make with these yarns yet.  Watch this space....

As the non essential shops are open I went to Wimborne on Saturday afternoon and it was nice to have a mooch in the shops, even though you’re very aware of having wear a mask, sanitise hands and keep distance as much as possible, doesn’t make the experience as pleasurable but it’s a start.  I bought myself a couple of tops in Seasalt including this lovely shirt with paint tubes! Haven’t bought new clothes in a while.

I’m now looking forward to next week and a good haircut - not usually something I look forward too, but after lockdown is definitely needed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts