13 May 2022

Its May

 Almost halfway through May and it’s my first post for the month. So here’s my monthly marker.  This bit of knitting from last month has made a really good background.


It’s been quiet so far with a few projects ongoing. Weather has been really nice and warming up so a trip to Kingston Lacy and seeing the bluebells and wild garlic.  Rhododendrons we’re making and appearance.  And I couldn’t resist taking photos of the peonies in the Japanese garden.



We found this little bird around the tables in the courtyard. 

This week has been a pootling one with catching up on stuff.

I’ve made another washcloth, which is far too pretty to be a dishcloth, but it’s this month’s pattern in the Year of Dishcloths by Garlene of The Kitchen Sink Shop.  (She sends out monthly patterns by email, so you can sign up here). It’s called The Secret Garden and Garlene’s is knitted in a lovely pink. I’ve knitted mine in King Cole Cotton Soft, which is lovely to knit with.


Being a patron, or subscriber to The Bakery Bears, who make You Tube videos, podcasts and other content, I am following Kay’s tutorial series making socks with a pattern running down the outside legs of each sock.  I am working on both socks concurrently so I’ve started the pattern on the right sock and ended the ribbing in the left.  Instead of buying new yarn I have been frugal and used yarn that I already have.  This is pink Honeysuckle West Yorkshire Spinners 4 ply, which is a plain colour so will show up the pattern.


I’ve also been making along with the knit and natter group some bunting to go in our local shopping area for the Jubilee next month, so it’s keeping me busy in between times.

I’ve already made and sent this month’s Siblings Together Bee blocks to Leeann.  She wanted black, white and low volume disappearing nine patch blocks. They look quite good on the grey duvet cover! 


More slow stitching has been going on in my stitching book when I went to West Country Embroiderers on Monday and it was lovely to stitch and chat.  I will show more of that later this month. Next month will be a sewing machine project and I will be taking my lightweight sewing machine for its first outing, which will be fun.

But for this month I hope to finish the little pouch, just have the gusset to sew and finish off. There will be a new Gnome along starting tomorrow, which I’m looking forward to.

See you soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts