09 September 2023

It’s September…

 

..and all of a sudden it feels like summer!  After the drab days of August, which were colder than usual, this month so far has been sunny and warm, maybe a little too warm, but summer is clearly not ready to give in to autumn just yet.

Following on from my Furtling post last month all 12 blocks have been basted with the wadding and backing fabrics and I’m currently contemplating how I will quilt each block. Here’s a photo of the back of 6 of the blocks 


I’ve also had the first finish of this month with the fingerless gloves, which have turned out really well


The pattern, a favourite of mine, is Fingerless or Not by Snapper Knits . As it’s a slightly smaller size I used 2.25mm needles throughout, rather than the 2.25 and 2.5mm in the pattern. 

I went to a card making workshop at Craft Bliss and as much as I keep telling myself I must not make cards, I went for this one which is a male themed card which I enjoyed making, for the colouring in by Distress ink and the cutting and construction.


I’m not going to make cards, I tell myself…

I’ve booked a table for a craft/stash sale next month, so it’ll give me opportunity to sell some craft books and other bits and bobs I no longer use.  I’m hoping that will work ok and I don’t bring all the stuff home again! I really thought I was going off quilting, but I still do enjoy making blocks, in spite of the knitting and crochet slowly taking over with papercraft sneaking in too.  But this latest quilt makes me realise that I do still enjoy the making but not to as greatly as before.
I think that over time things and circumstances change and recognising where that change is and adapting to it.

Now all I need is some room in my craft room, so a clear out is due….

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing such an interesting and informative blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts