22 May 2024

Purple Quilt As You Go Quilt

 Believe it or not this quilt had been ‘work in progress’ since 2014!  I’ve written a post last year as I made more blocks to go with the ones that I made that way back. The patterns for the blocks came from Sew At Home Mummy blog series called Classic Blocks Made Modern.  Anyway I got as far as making and quilting the individual blocks and they had been lingering on the spare bed until we had visitors recently. It was time to put them together.

This is how the blocks were on 7 May

Over the last weekend and this week I’ve been putting them together.  Initially joining the fronts of the blocks together in rows. Yesterday and today I’ve joined the rows and although the backs aren’t sewn together at least they are trimmed and pinned together.

And here’s the back.  

I didn’t try to get a pleasing arrangement to the back. As you can see from the photo I still have 2 rows to slip-stitch the backing fabrics.  

I have joined the fronts by machine stitching, trimmed the wadding pieces and whip stitched together.  When I’ve done the last bit of slip stitching I will have to sew in he ends of the quilting threads and remove the tacking threads.  I’ve also got the think about the binding too and I think I will use as much of the fabric that I have in keeping with the scrappiness of the quilt.

It will be good to get this finished at long last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!