01 September 2007

Fancy Footwear



I've been a member of Yahoo Groups BQL for some time and signed up to a Postcard group nearly 3 years ago and have been making postcards since then. Of course I joined another group earlier in the year and find that postcards are a lovely size to work with, not having the opportunity, or time even to make many larger quilts.

The latest swap that I signed up for was the theme "Footwear". Inspired by my own shoes, that I have rarely worn but they do look lovely I made my party shoes cards. Using metallic thread on black felt I used the fancy stitches on my machine and cut out shoes shapes to go on the shoe fabric that I already had in my stash.


I enjoyed making these postcards although I thought I only had 6 to make. Having checked the list again it was a good job that I did - there were 8 on the list so a 7th postcard had to be made!

2 comments:

  1. These look so much fun - I love the shoe background fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. clever, Sue - and I love the real shoes, too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts