23 April 2008

Pictures of Brittany

I thought I would post a few of the pics that I took in Brittany when there a couple of weeks ago on holiday. Although my husband took charge of the camera, these I took with my mobile phone camera. We visited Dinan old town, part of the medieval town within the town walls.

Above is a charcuterie (delicatessen) which had painted views on either side of the shop door, really does look like shop windows, but their not.

I really liked the fancy ironwork on the front door of this house.
This was in the ticket office at Dinan station. There's the equivalent of our conservation order on these painted murals. This one shows the town of Dinan. The station was built in 1932, so is in Art Deco style.

One town we stopped at (can't remember the name) we found not a quilt shop but a display of quilts and paintings by local groups that meet in the townin a shop window. These photo's were taken through the window, so there are reflections. Quite like this little fish quilt below

and those little ladies with their umbrellas...
and the lovely table runner with the colourful leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts