22 May 2010

Still catching up....

Since I returned from Christchurch, I've made one postcard which I should have done before I went down there but just plain run out of time.  It is sometimes difficult to fit things in when I work full time, but do my best.  So here is a photo of a birthday postcard for another Sue in the BQL Postcard Group. I hope that she received this ok as I haven't heard anything from her.


My Mum is doing very well after her operation and just less than four weeks she has now progressed to a walking stick from a zimmer frame so good progress indeed.  So well and truly on the mend.

On my way back to Hemsworth about halfway into my journey is The Bramble Patch, in Weedon, near Northampton, where I just had to buy some fabric (well you can't go to a quilt shop and not buy!).  I could not resist their Union Jack cushion kit, and Union Jack cushions are all the rage at present.


On my first day back in Yorkshire David and I went to the RHS garden in Harlow Carr, near Harrogate. Just a lovely place to wander.  It had a lovely display of tulips and a wonderful Alpine plant house, which I had to go and see twice.  I think I may go back again during the summer to see how the gardens are doing as the year progresses.  There are more photos on my facebook page, so go over and have a look, but here are just a few of the photos that I took.
The delightful show of tulips in one of the gardens.
 Some of the alpine plants, varieties of Sempervivum in the Alpine House.
This lovely angel sculpture was one of a number of metal sculptures around the garden.
There were some lovely potted displays around the Gardens Through the Ages display.

 
And this was also in the 1970's garden in the Gardens Through the Ages.


Today we went out again to Hardwick Hall in Derbyshire which was where Bess of Hardwick lived.  Fascinating history and will show pictures of that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts