17 May 2010

It's been a while...

...since I last posted anything on my blog.  On 24 April I had news from my sister that our Mum had a fall and was taken to hospital in Poole.  My sister whizzed down south from Slough and stayed down in Christchurch with our dad whilst Mum had an emergency hip operation and recovered in hospital.  She was bought home on 1st May.  Wendy stayed that first week, then I took 2 weeks off work and went down to stay with them.  Now this week I'm back up North and back to work whilst Wendy sees to things in Christchurch for a fourth week.   Fortunately Mum is recovering very well and at this point can do a lot for herself now and we're pleased with how things are going.

So here are some pics of what I've been up to before going down south.  When I got the call about Mum, David and I went to Sheffield for the day forgetting about the World Snooker tournament that was taking place at the Crucible Theatre.  When getting to the square where the Crucible is there were loads of people standing and staring at the match taking place on the giant screen outside the theatre.  I was the match with Steve Davis versus John Higgins.  I was more fascinated by the topiaries either side of the entrance of snooker player and table!

Opposite the theatre, in the Winter Gardens where there were snooker related events taking place, I saw a couple of small sculptures amongst the greenery there.  This colourful rhinoceros  and also a small waterfall created by the steel flower with petals that drooped when full of water.

I did managed some postcards before I went away and posted them off to the Teenage Cancer Trust (see my last post) in all I've sent 10 postcards to them and they'll be sold before the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your mum is making a good recovery, everything else goes out of the window when something like that happens doesn't it? Best wishes, Lis x


Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!