06 June 2010

So here it is...

As promised in my last post (was that back in May - wow, how the time goes!) some sewing.  In case it was thought I was going out and about and not sweating it out at the sewing machine.

When I returned to Yorkshire a few weeks back I stopped at The Bramble Patch to have a look around and could not resist the Union Jack cushion kit.  I've found the instructions really clear and in no time at all there it was made.  All that had to be bought was the rectangular cushion and found that Dunelm Mill had just the size, which they called a Boudoir cushion.  Really pleased it turned out well.

Yesterday I took part in a bag making workshop with held by one of the Barnsley Embroiderers, Sheila.  I panicked a bit when I hadn't got all the bits cut out ready and hadn't found a 10 inch zip, but I was early enough to go into Barnsley town centre to get the zip and bias tape that I wanted before the workshop.  I really enjoyed making this bag and even tackling the zips  - they're not the easiest of things to sew in.  I got as far as putting the straps onto each side but not joining the sides together.  With this afternoon's weather being very wet, I kept on sewing until I got it finished. Below is the front of the bag and further down is the back.  I decided to use fancy stitches on my machine to quilt and decorate the bag.


And finally, if you've been reading my blog you will know that my son, Alex, was taking part in the BUPA 10k run in London on Bank Holiday Monday.  He was raising funds with his work colleagues for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. Well he did it in less that an hour.  His legs were aching and he had blisters, (because it's the furthest he's run) but he did it.  He did really well.

1 comment:

  1. Many congratulations to Alex. Love your cushion - good tip about Dunelem too for that shaped cushion inner, hope they've got some left!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts