12 June 2012

Dusting off the embellisher

On Sunday I'd decided to give my machines (2 sewing, 1 embellisher) a bit of a clean, oil and change of needle (I do change the needles more often thank just getting around to it).  As I received and ATC from a swap partner, Jenny, on the UK Embellisher swap I used this time to get an ATC to my partner to send, Jean.  This was the theme of favourite colour.  As you may have guessed it's purple!

So here's what I received. A green felted card with fancy variegated yarn and a photo to show the inspiration for her card, which came wrapped in a piece of Vilene - very handy.

And this was what I made
Mine was on purple felt with purple scrim and roving on top.  When all needled together I used variegated purple thread for the embroidery.  I hope Jean likes it.

Uploading the photos I've remembered that I hadn't posted photos from last Wednesday, the last day of my holiday.  I'd already put this on my facebook page with some mobile phone pics.  David phoned me first thing in the morning (he was on the train to Worthing) to say that there was a steam excursion going from Poole, so I trundled down to Poole station in time to see this


 The magnificent Duke of Gloucester which was running the Diamond Jubilee Express from Poole to Windsor. Want to see a few more pics?



Fantastic, it was worth getting out of bed early for!

1 comment:

  1. Sue, I have never heard of an embellisher. Is this a case of different word usage between our countries, or is there something out there I need to find out about?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts