21 June 2012

Swanage

Seeing what a contrast the weather is today (cold and wet) and what it was like yesterday (warm and sunny) I'm glad that I made the most of yesterday.  Continuing from Durlston I went into Swanage and parked up to enjoy some time at the seaside. I enjoyed seaside-y things like having a paddle (I took a small towel with me just in case) and had ice cream (locally made, just had to).  I took a meander through the town to Swanage Railway station and this just came in.

 A Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) like the type I used to see in Slough in the 60's and 70's running a service between Swanage and Norden, just outside Corfe Castle.  It was alternating with a steam train, but I wouldn't be in Swanage for long enough to see it.

I went back along the main street to the beach again and went towards the pier.  I'd never been on the pier and it has been recently restored.  It's quite unusual that it doesn't go straight out into the sea but it has a bend in it. 


Here's a view from the pier to beach

Above is a view towards Old Harry Rocks and in the background are the tower block flats in Poole.

Walking back into town and to where the car was parked I saw this on the pavement in the square just outside the town museum.  There were a lot of people in the square eating fish and chips from the nearby chip shop and the air smelt of salt and vinegar!
And nearby was a cafe next to an abandoned building with a bit of artwork on it on painting behind the car and another where the steps are.  The car in the pic is real not art!
So that was my day out yesterday!

Today I was back at work for one day, but tomorrow I will be off with the Bourne Quilters to Sandown and the quilt show there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts