01 April 2015

Now its April

A review of what's happened in March.  Last month has seen a trip to Duxford quilt show and a visit to Cambridge, my 500th blog post and International Quilting Day at a Dorset quilt group.

Here are some bits and pieces this month

From top left, clockwise, a couple of Bee Blessed blocks (although I sent 3); more blocks to go to the Sibling's Together block drive; some bunting at Tarrant Valley Quilt group on International Quilting Day and two pencil case pouches for my granddaughters. The elephants in the background fabric are upside down, and iPhoto has decided they should stay that way.

Here's a photo of some bits from IQD



Also March saw some purchases, what with visiting a quilt show and lastly at Hobbycraft.

From top left, again, from Duxford show at the top row and bottom left pic.  Fabrics, thread, a ruler for free machining and some English Paper Piecing papers.  Bottom right was the stash that I bought from the charity table at my local Hobbycraft.

For a few months now I have been sending some blocks for Bee Blessed, but I've read that Judith and Sarah they will no longer be collecting blocks and making them into quilts.  I've enjoyed making blocks and and there is more about that on Judith's blog here.

As you've seen above I've been making blocks towards some Siblings Together quilts as mentioned on Lily's Quilts. These Home Sweet Home blocks have really sewn up quick, especially when time has been limited.

Another quick make has been the pencil cases that I have made for my granddaughters, I made the grandsons' a little while back and being fair I had to make girls ones too.  The handy pattern was from a free Crafty class called "Bag Making Basics - Reversible Tote and Zipper Pouch".  I've never made the bag, but I really love making the pouches.

As for next month..Changes.  I'm not sure I will get much sewing done as our daughter, Sarah, will be moving back to Poole after 13 years of living in Bristol.  She is starting a new job and will be staying with us for a while until she finds somewhere of her own to live.  It may cause some disruption until things settle, but at least I'm not losing my sewing room. We will just have to see how things go, but I'm not planning anything just yet.

Joining up with Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day

Fresh Sewing Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts