09 November 2017

Two finishes

It was my Mum's birthday on Tuesday and I went to visit her yesterday for a short trip out to Nicola's Craft and Gift shop at Sammy Miller's Motorcycle Museum, a lovely drive out between Christchurch and New Milton.  As well as craft units and coffee shop there are some animals there too - donkeys. alpacas, a goat and several others. Anyway Nicola's shop had a sale so a chance to stock up with fabric.

Before going there I gave Mum her birthday present.  This squishy bear. This is one of my finishes for this quarter which I couldn't say anything about!  I have to say that although it was easy to knit the Sirdar Snowflake yarn trying to sew up wasn't easy but the effect is a lovely soft fabric.  After making the outfit, this was from The Bear Book 2 which has sporty bears I had found the first Bear Book which had some other outfits so may make something else to ring the changes. But I'm pleased and more importantly Mum's pleased so much so she share a pic on Facebook!



Amongst my purchases from Nicola's which wasn't very much I bought a bag kit.

I've made a lot of bags, pouches so you may wonder why I bought a kit.  I had reached a stitching hiatus and hadn't felt much like sewing of late so to have something where the fabric was already chosen and cut to size and all you have to do is just sew was what I needed and yesterday afternoon I completed the bag, which folds down to look like a purse, handy to take out and about.  The pattern instructions gave sizes of fabric pieces to make another.  I'm really pleased with something so quick and easy with the bonus of lovely cheery fabric too.

 The outside of the bag (the photo was taken in the evening so please excuse the phone's shadow!)
And folded into a purse.

I'm pleased to say that I have 2 finishes under my belt this week.

1 comment:

  1. Your Bear is lovely Sue. Is he ready for a game of Cricket ? What a lovely outfit and it fits him perfectly, I know what you mean. Sometimes it does take a lot of effort to start a sewing project. That looks like a good Kit for a very practical bag. Marion x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts