30 March 2018

Three Finishes this week

I've posted at last weekend about one of the finishes, a slow stitched table runner which I finished on Sunday here, so I won't going into more detail.  So that was Finish No.1


One Monday I continued with Finish no.2. My Frivols quilt.  I've had this on my Finish A Long list since last year in fact I started making the quilt in January last year, but there's been a lot of stops/starts along the way so I am pleased to have finished this.

It's only 42" square and the coloured fabrics were small squares of Moda's Little Miss Sunshine range in a Frivols tin, which I bought a few years back from Pauline's Patchworks in Dorchester.  The range is no longer available but I wanted to have a fabric to finish off the binding and around Christmas time I found there was some of the fabric on sale at Pretty Fabrics and Trims online shop in green.  I bought a metre which was way more than I needed but I'm sure this will be useful in the future. So last week I got on with the job of Getting It Done.

 I've got in laid out on the spare  bed with two sides on the binding on


 Above is the detail of the pattern and binding

 I just had to show the selvedge of the fabric I used with the motto on it "she always looks on the bright side" - ah, lovely.

So I needed to get the binding slipstitched and finished all bar the label (must get that done soon) on Monday, now there's more daylight in the evenings.


And a little look at the back, where I used some Tula Pink hexagon fabric which goes really well the quilt.

For my third Finish the following day is my pair of Rhubarb V for Valentine socks.  It was too late for the Knit A Long organised by Ellie of Craft House Magic but the first sock was delayed by the heel turn.  I didn't get on with it until a few weeks later, but I got it finished and the second sock was soon on its way and I'm really pleased how its turned out.  I've mentioned about the socks before on this post here towards the end of the post, but with the second sock I used long circular needles for the shaping around the heel and instep before reverting back to short circulars and that seemed to work better than getting in a muddle with DPN's.  As I've said before there is always something new to learn with knitting socks.

So the last bit was doing Kitchener (grafting) stitch and finishing off the ends.   Below are a couple of 'sock-fies' (like selfies but with socks!)



With the smaller (2.25mm needles) this gives a much better tension and they fit really well.

Three finishes in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts