04 June 2018

So Much Stuff

After coming back home from holiday I decided to turn out the built in wardrobe in my sewing room and it was strewn all over the floor!  I really have so much stuff that one does accumulate over so many years of sewing and crafting.  Also I have some finished items that I have no home for so time to do an assessment of what I can finish off and find homes for.

I like to make blocks and enjoy the calculating of sizes, working things out and cutting things up, so I have an accumulation (ooh, that word again!) of blocks which need to be joined an somehow.


These aren't joined together I've just arranged them.  They are made from a book called Fast Fat Quarter Quilts, where layers of fat quarters are cut into different sized units and there are suggested blocks to be made from them.  I used fabrics that I didn't really care for just to try this out.  It made more blocks than then twelve here but those have been used already in separate items.  In the photo above they don't look that bad and provided that I can made a decent sized border around it could make a reasonable sized quilt.

As you will have seen from a previous post here I have some blue cross blocks, some of which I am keeping and some are in a swap which will take place this month.  I have now put the swap blocks in a padded envelope along with the little orange card so they are ready when I get the recipient details later.  I may make some more so that there is a small child size quilt from this, so there will be a purpose to these.


Next on my list is some random blocks that I am not quite sure what to do with 

The white and coloured square blocks on the left are sweet 16 blocks some of which I received from a swap with Benta with a couple of my own.  They are 8.5" squares so they will use odd 2.5" squares which I do have so I could made some more of these blocks to make something productive out of these, not sure what as yet.  

I made the decision to throw the little blocks on the bottom right of the pic, they are small and I don't think I can make use of these.  The larger blue and white at the top could be made into a cushion cover to go in the charity makes bag and the other two in the middle I can't make my mind up about.  The cream/purple/pink one was just trying out a block so that could go the same way as the little blocks.


The grey and pink one is a big project though.  Cut out last year when the Bourne Quilters were into kaleidoscope quilts.  I may need some help on this one as the pieces are cut out into wedges of the same pattern repeat and I know that some of those pieces will need a large size of the grey to border.  Now its either Googling to get some idea of the method or picking some brains.  Any thoughts?

I think I still have plenty of things to keep me busy in just the sewing front, let alone the knitting and sewing projects on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts