03 January 2019

Happy New Year 2019

A bit belated but

Its good in a way that Christmas and New Year are done and can get back to the normality (whatever that is) of everyday life.  New Year's Day was celebrated with a family dinner at my sister's house and was followed later by going to Bournemouth in the evening to see the Christmas Tree Wonderland in the Lower Gardens which lead down to the seafront.  The first pic below is in the town Square







We walked down to the seafront and even though it was dark the coffee shop on the Pier Approach still had ice cream for sale, which we could not resist, it had to be done!

Walking back to the town centre I noticed by the Pavilion theatre that glass doors had reflections of the Christmas trees - gives them a ghostly look, especially as the theatre was closed.



Not only a New Year but a new month too.  I've had some tidying up in my room and done an 'audit' of quilt tops that have been lingering for and need finishing off.  It has been easy to pick up a small project or make a few blocks here and there and not tackle the large projects that require more attention.  I've decided to join 2019 Finish A Long list and will post about these larger items when the link up opens on 10th January for a week.  Sandra of Sew of Course is one of the hosts and has details and a useful project list, which I will post about in the link up.  Will there be at least one finished quilt?  Wait and see.....

Of course a New Year would not be complete without new projects and I posted here about the jumper that I'm starting and have already started the Little Box of Crochet amigurumi Cockapoo dog - it's tiny!  Along with that David has asked for fingerless gloves which I made a start on today at Knit and Natter.

Any resolutions?  Well mine will be to make use of what I have if at all possible and to be mindful of what I buy.  I can't (and shouldn't) go buying stuff - yarn and fabric - without there being purpose.  Having retired last year my income is not what it was! So Mindful is the word for this year - I hope I can stick to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts