01 March 2019

Furtle Around February

Another month gone in a flash!  Its good to see Spring arriving as things are waking up in the garden - including the weeds.  So a spell of gardening in the unusually warm February sunshine does lift the senses and make me want to get on with everything.

February has been a productive month as I'm finishing of a quilt, just a hanging sleeve and a label to do on the Dazzling Diamonds Quilt



Last week I took the opportunity to get out some block swap blocks from last year and use fabrics that I already had in stash to make a small quilt that will go to Project Linus.  Machine quilting outside the cross shapes and inside the larger squares with some wiggly stitching in the sashing and border.  I took the quilt to Bourne Quilters last night to finish slip stitching the binding.  Now to sew in the ends, so that'll be a quick quilt done.

I also made the February blocks for the Siblings Together quilt bee group I belong too.  I'm usually quick to get started and post off, but I ran late with these and send in the post yesterday!  This is surprising for me as it's such a simple block but I did agonise over the arrangement of the squares - silly really.

With the crochet blanket I have managed to sew all the units together so I now have a blanket.  I have yet to do the border rows around it so this will be done in March.  This is the Vintage Sweethearts blanket which you can read about in my previous posts.


I've also been knitting too, which I usually do in the evenings while watching the tele.  My Winter Wine jumper has now got a sleeve, so its not totally armless!

Since that photo was taken the ribbing cuff has now been done, so my needles are free to pick up the stitches for the other sleeve and I'm pleased that's going well.

And some sock progress too as I'm now got to the point of shaping the heel.  I'm trying toe up socks again which this time is going well.  I've had an issue with trying to find the right point in the yarn at which to start the sock, but as there is a large repeat I decided to go with matching but not matching, if you see what I mean.  I only started the first sock last week so that I have some car knitting for last weekend.


Last weekend I visited Unravel at Farnham Maltings.  I took money with me but of course it doesn't go as far with yarn as it does buying fabric so my purchases were modest.  This was the first time at a yarn show as there aren't many in the South.

 I bought some self striping yarn (the one in the ribbon) some mini balls and the Giddy Aunt Yarns has some sparkle in it and I could not resist buying the Industrial Kingfisher colour of Stranded Dyeworks (which looks even lovelier than on screen).

I bought a cardigan pattern (another top down knit), stitch markers and tin, tension square and rings for Dorset Buttons and a drop spindle.

I took some pictures of other sites around the Maltings. Please excuse the last the photos being at a quirky angle!






So that was my Furtlings in February.  Linking up with Archie the Wonder Dog, have fun seeing what other bloggers have been up to!
Archie The Wonder Dog


9 comments:

  1. You've had a great crafting month. I like your quilts and your crochet blanket is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I love your crochet blanket. t's going to be beautiful when it's bordered and blocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dazzling diamonds quilt is gorgeous! Im in the middle of Project Linus and Siblings quilts as well, both fabulous charities aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dazzling diamonds quilt is stunning!
    Love your socks too: I've never had much success with toe up socks so looking forward to seeing them when you've finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dazzling diamonds are beautiful! And you have had a productive month.
    I’ve never tried toe-up socks, the yarn is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your Dazzling Diamonds - I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn’t realise you had a blog Sue. Nor had it sunk in you were a keen knitter. I once knitted. Shall we leave it at that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your projects are amazing 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a colourful month! I love the look of your new self striping yarn (and the skeins look lovely suspended in the sun like that!) and am looking forward to seeing how that knits up. Your current socks are gorgeous - I think matching but not was definitely the way to go with that yarn! Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts