20 August 2019

A Finish - Dr Who Messenger Bag

Earlier this month it was my eldest granddaughter's 13th birthday.  I sent her a card but I couldn't gift her present until we saw her on Sunday.  She is growing up fast - always listening to music (sounds like punk to me!) and spending time in her room - she is a teenager alright!  She enjoys Dr Who and by chance a local fabric shop, Lovely Jubbly Fabrics stocked some Tardis themed fabric, which fitted the bill.

So here's the bag that I made her

 The front and below, the back
It has an open as well as a zipped pocket inside


For the zipped pocket I'd only made a practice one hours before I made the one above. so I was pleased how that turned out and may use this method of making inside pockets again.  The bag pattern was a free one on Makower UK's website designed by Janet Goddard called a Walk in the Park Messenger bag.

I also made a vinyl fronted zippy pouch (sorry didn't turn the photo first).  This is loosely based on the pouch from Aneela Hoey's book as I didn't round the corners or make the bias strip.

The strips at the side did stretch a little so I should have backed these with Vilene, but other than that it went together ok.  I thought it would come in useful as a pencil case (or she may have other ideas).

There is still some of the fabric left so she may get something Dr Who themed for Christmas too (sorry, didn't mean to mention that so early!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts