06 August 2019

Late July Furtling

A bit late linking up for July's Furtle Around the Blogosphere hosted by Archie the Wonder Dog.  After a busy weekend for Festival of Quilts and a catch up on household stuff yesterday I'm just catching up.  (Confession here - I have spent a couple of hours this morning and this afternoon working on some EPP - though more about that another time.)

July has been about going out and about - a TG trip to Lyme Regis and another long day trip to Tyntesfield near Bristol, then another to Guernsey for the day from Poole (link to both here).

There has been some time, however to sew, crochet and knit too.  I started on an Instagram Challenge called 100 Hexies 100 Days and as at yesterday I've posted up to day 36.  Each week has had a theme and on week 6 this week it's Adventure.  Each week I've posted the 7 days worth of hexies and well as posting most days. So here are a few pics
Week 1 - Me (and yes, there are 6 days in this week)
 Week 2 Summerlicious
 Week 3 - Teeny Tiny things
Week 4 - Starts with B
Week 5 - Rainbow

Until last week I've been working on a scrap busting challenge with is hosted by Sugar Bowl Crafts.  That had gone on the back burner while I've been working on a bit of secret sewing, which I hope I can share next week.  For now, I've joined my scrap strips into blocks but not joined the blocks as yet.

I have done two more blocks since that photo was taken and hope that the end of this week I can join together.  I quite like how this blocks look but there may be a change of arrangement.  Who knows.

On the theme of using scraps, I've used skinny scrappy strips to make fabric twine.  I've made this into a coaster and a small bowl, rather like the rope bowls.  They've come together really well, although the little handles I made aren't symmetrical but I think it adds to the charm.


I've also finished off a cardigan, though not blocked or buttons added and also a granny shawl.



Phew, that was a busy month!

And August is going to be all about the Exhibitions, having been to Festival of Quilts, yesterday to Dorset Arts and Crafts annual exhibition.  To come will be Happy Patchers and the West Country Quilt Show.

I'm pleased that I don't work - I'd never fit it all in!!!

As I said earlier I'm linking this post with Mini Archie's Furtle Around the Blogosphere.


Archie The Wonder Dog

3 comments:

  1. Another busy month! Your challenge hexies are lovely and the scrap blocks are going to make a terrific quilt - I'm looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! The cardigan gets checked off!!! I really like that scrap busting project you've got going, I could use some scrap bustin myself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts