21 September 2019

September Musings

Amazing that two thirds of September has gone already and it’s been a busyish month.  I can show some socks that I made last month and gifted to my sister for her birthday.  I made a drawstring bag for them too and by chance this fabric went really well with the socks.
These are made from King Cole ZigZag sock yarn, which I know is really hard wearing, the colourway is called Lilacs. I did a pretty good job of matching and didn’t have to wind off too much yarn.

One other important thing that happened was that I bought a new (to me) car.  The red Jazz was 14 years old and had just gone to the dealers for service and MOT when I saw a car which was 5 years old.  The red one passed its MOT, though over the next year would need some work so the time was right to replace it and the new one was just in my budget. I had been agonising over the past year about changing but I think I had a good deal in changing. So here are my new wheels
As you can see it’s another Jazz, though silver is not a colour I would have chosen and even now look for a red car in car parks before realising! It’s low mileage and has the bonus of air conditioning, which my red car didn’t have (well,  unless you opened the window!).

Back to sewing and I made a block for the Siblings Together bee that I belong to and this was a heart block, the original design is by Neverland Stitchers here . The block finishes at 12.5” square in blues and white.  The block bee Mama has now received this so good to get that done.

Earlier this month at West Country Embroiderers there was a workshop tutored by Anne Hellyer, called home is where the art is.  I had to take a picture of the house, of which I made an appliqué of part of it onto a background fabric to make a book cover. Using acrylic paint we had to make features of the windows and doors.

This is how mine looked after I worked on free machining the next day. I don't think my machine was too happy about the paint as I couldn't get the tension right so there's loopy stitching on the back.

I might have another go later or I might not.

There's been some more hexies posted on Instagram

Sewing notions for week 11


For week 12 (as at today it's day 83) the theme was Vintage

This next week's theme will be creatures and I've prepped my hexies ready.

On the yarny front I have crocheted another teddy and both teddies have gone to Yarndale.  This second one is girly, and has a fancy green jumper as the wool I used was self striping I managed the plain green for the body and keeping the coloured bits for the sleeves.  The teddies are bound for the Mercy Ships charity that are hospital ships serving poor countries and the teddies will give comfort for children. I've enjoyed making them so much that I think there may be more teddies on the horizon.



Next Saturday I will be at Yarndale and I'm really looking forward to it.  We've been looking forward to going to Yorkshire, even though its going to be a short time up there and making the most of what we like being there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts