03 October 2019

Furtling in September

I may have only done two posts in Spetember vbut I have been keeping busy.  Early this month I gifted a pair of socks to my sister for her birthday.
 For a few weeks I went without any socks on the needles and needing some car knitting (David prefers to drive long distance and I am happy to be a passenger, knit and occasionally navigate) so these are my socks.

This was during last weekend.  The sock is now finished all but the Kitchener stitch graft and I have now started on number 2.  The yarn for this sock is Opel Funny bit Silbereffekt and the cuff and heel in West Yorkshire Spinners Turquoise and the two yarns go really well together.

I've got not one, but two postcards sewn the weekend before last and these will be for the Craft 4 Crafters show at Shepton Mallet during October.  I went to a local craft supply exhibition, and saw these templates of a small camper van which I really liked.  It was made by local company Kallosphere


And had much fun making the camper van postcard that I made a second postcard with a boat.  I didn't use a template for that, just drew my own.  I layered the sea fabrics and added wavy stitch lines for the sea. Although you can see it, I've used some fine glitter glue for the sea spray.



Another day was taken up with making a Project Linus quilt and on a Sewing Saturday 2 weeks ago I took a ready cut out quilt 'kit' to sew up and finish off.  First I had to make some 4 patch blocks and I really enjoy chain pieced 'bunting'

 Singles into twos
 Twos into fours
 Now showing the completed quilt, but I had to make the backing.  I didn't have quite enough of the striped fabric so I cut through and added a band of the ombre fabric. It still wasn't long enough so another rainbow ombre fabric was inserted.  They really go well together.  I used some red batik for the binding.  It took a couple of days to get done - first day (well afternoon really) and the next day to layer, machine quilt and bind.

I've still been getting hexagons together for the #100hexies100days2019 challenge on Instagram and it's now just one week to the end.  I've now joined the #iloveeppparty2019 this month and hope I can keep up as I was useless in keeping going with the #greatbritishquilter.  I've now got all 100 but am up to days 94 and 95 (I don't post pictures everyday).

So here's week 13 and the theme was creatures.


And the beginning of week 14 - favourites, for which I chose a coastal theme

 And below is a piece of fabric (it was originally a fat quarter) of a Makower fabric from years back which had become useful for fussy cutting from which the starfish and the cottage came from.  Its come in useful for shells, boats, cottages that the fabric now looks a bit like Swiss cheese!!
I am posting a separate review of Yarndale, where I went to on Saturday. If you are interested pop back later and have a look.

Meanwhile I am linking (a bit late again!!) to Little Archie's Monthly Furtle Around the Blogosphere

Archie The Wonder Dog

2 comments:

  1. I love the pair of socks for your sister and think the current ones are also gorgeous - the plain turquoise goes brilliantly with the stripes! And the postcards and Linus quilt are wonderful, what a busy month you've had! Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the current sock colors!!! Your projects are all lovely! Yellow and Green is my favorite color combination and the rainbow certainly is lovely on the backing. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts