10 April 2020

April’s Musings

A third into April and week 3 of lockdown and it’s the Easter holiday this weekend.  The weekend won’t feel much different from the weekdays, as people have to stay at home and only go out if it’s to work (if work can’t be carried out at home), shopping or for daily exercise.

We are lucky that the weather has been good to enjoy time in the garden. Not that I do a lot of gardening, but it is the outside space.

So I must be getting a lot of stuff done, well yes I have, but it’s all bits.

David and I have started Spring Cleaning.  Starting upstairs and the bedrooms, bathrooms and the office.  Cleared out packaging that’s been taking up space in the loft, so there’s been a lot of cardboard to go in the recycling bin.

When it can to cleaning my sewing room, I managed to tidy a lot of stuff but just don’t look in the wardrobe/storage cupboard! While cleaning I thought of another project.

 To give my sewing chair a makeover, from boring black
To bright.  After asking members of the UKQU Facebook group about how to cover I found this was easy.  It was a case of just pushing the fabric into the plastic base of the seat and backrest of the chair and it holds in place! No tools other than a flathead screwdriver to push the fabric in.  I used pins to mark where the black fabric goes into the plastic and cut a 2” margin around the pinned area.  A big difference made with not too much effort. Great.

Earlier this month I made a small present for a friend whose birthday was on Sunday. As she is isolation I can’t visit so it had to be posted (that’s part of my daily exercise- a walk to the local sorting office to post) so I made her a pouch and matching needlecase.


The ouch is the Lola pouch, designed by Svetlana Sotak and this the third one that I’ve made.  It’s a well explained pattern but I still find the binding round the zip a bit difficult but getting better at it.  I found a teapot button in the button box which went just right for the needlecase as kettle goes on when I go to visit her, so it seemed appropriate.


 UKQU postcard group posted a new theme of butterflies and dragonflies, so decided to make a butterfly from two layers of organza bonded together and stitched to make the wings.  Placed on a flower and sky background with another fabric butterfly.  This will be sent in an envelope so I am able to sent something with dimensional decoration.
Back onto the crochet and this is the latest tutorial from Lucy of Attic 24 (link in sidebar) of Polyanthus flowers and leaves. I had a go with some of the remaining yarn from the Dahlia blankets. A bit fiddly as they are small but fun to make and play around the with colours.

Have a happy Easter 🐣 however you enjoy it.  Stay safe, take care ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts