19 July 2020

Guess What I’ve Been Making?

More masks!

I made 11 Friday and yesterday, then another 4 today.  Some were given to my daughter and others made for my friend’s group and some for TG.  There may be more this week. This time the folded ones.  I had to buy some elastic cord and Vilene to proved the third layer.

One thing I haven’t blogged about but has been plodding along with has been my Sew4thesoul book, which I started at the end of June and will be ongoing for a little while. The book consists of wadding pages onto which fabrics is sewn on and using embroidery to embellish like the strip piece that I made a few months ago (and still is ongoing as well).  Here are some pics of the pages.

First 2 pages and circles and strips
These are pages 5 and 6 (the photos didn’t load in the right order) has Suffolk puffs.  On page 5 I used the pillowcase fabric I used for the Frontline Facemasks and will embroider the name.
pages 3 and 4 were crosses which I embroidered on the printed fabric on the left. I painted the flowers with watercolour pencils.  I made a pocket on the right with another printed piece and used ribbon yarn for the cross and connecting thread for the tag.
Pages 7 and 8 are fabric weaving and I’ve used fabrics that I’ve dyed ar painted from some time ago and added lace, ribbon and a strip of sari ribbon.

As I’ve said all the pages are in progress and I’ve  not joined page to page as yet.  The pages are currently joined at the spine.  I really don’t want to hide the backs of these pieces as they look really interesting.


I used wadding scraps joined together to make the pages.
Watch out for more progress on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts