07 July 2020

July 2020

Below is my monthly marker for July

This is part of a darning picture that I started last year at one of the West Country Embroiderers workshops  and still haven’t finished.  Here’s a full photo of the embroidery.
I’ve got a couple of finishes already this month as I’ve finished the Autumn Garden (Hostfagring) shawl and it’s even been washed and block and it drapes well,  but I’ve had problems trying to display a nice photo.  But here is is being blocked. The two little balls of yarn are all that’s left!

I used Stylecraft Batik Yarn Cake in Stargazer with the addition of another Batik yarn, the yellow, which is Old Gold. I started this shawl back in November last year and crocheted the gold tip and then started on the rest of the shawl, which was in 6 instalments at the beginning of June and it came together really quickly.

Another quick-ish make has been on Sunday afternoon was a coat for my Luna Lapin.  I already had 3 felt sheets but it wasn’t quite enough,  so I substituted some pink fabric that was used for Luna’s dress for the coat facing and facing the collar.


This pic shows the fabric lining inside. I also cheated with the buttons as I didn’t make buttonholes but put  popper fasteners on instead.
She wanted a scarf 
So I knitted her one.  She’ll be cosy when winter comes.  Luna Lapin is designed by Sarah Peel and her website is here.

Another finish has been my last book, which I finished yesterday - The Midnight Line by Lee Child, which I really enjoyed reading and the storyline was really believable with short chapters that fitted well with my half hour reads.

So my next read, which I started today is The Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson about his growing up in Des Moines, Iowa.  I also bought a book today of Favourite Poems.  Poems that are familiar in some way to us and I just wanted something different to read, alongside the Bill Bryson book.
I was pleased this afternoon after months away to go to Kingston Lacy and although we could not enjoy the kitchen garden it was a nice walk that ended with ice cream.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts