09 January 2021

The New

 A New Year shouldn’t just be about finishing the old stuff from last year or the year before.  Each January there are resolutions and thoughts about the year ahead,  not to buy more stuff, making use of what we have or even actually getting around to something we’ve wanted to do for some time.  So it’s time for some new things.

A big thing I’ve bought myself is an Apple Watch. I’ve been looking at various fitness/smart watches for some time now and all had their pros and cons and looking at reviews about them as well.  I got an SE version which connects up with my phone easily.  I want to improve on my fitness levels and I think it will suit me.  One funny thing though is when I’m sitting and knitting it thinks that I’m exercising and congratulates me on a fitness goal achieved!  I’ve had it for nearly a week now and I’m still getting to know what it does, so I’m still at the ‘playing’ stage.

Having finished a pair of socks from recycled yarn last month, I’m making another pair using yarn I’ve frogged from another pair.  These are the Easy Cable socks pattern by Winwick Mum and I’ve made this pattern before last year with some Giddy Aunt Yarn.

By chance I happen to be wearing those socks this morning.

Anyway, I’m knitting these socks in Stylecraft Head Over Heels in Eiger colourway.  I’m starting on the yarn that I had left over from knitting a previous pair in that yarn.  I wasn’t happy with those socks so I frogged (undid) the yarn and will repurpose this.  

Something new I’m trying, is 30 Day Sketchbook Challenge run by Susan Yeates and is on Facebook with a prompt each day of a different subject to sketch, paint, colour and I’m trying to keep it up each day.  Here’s what I’ve done so far.








Today’s is something made of wood, that will have to have a think.  Mines all pretty amateurish but I am enjoying the process of studying and drawing.

Although lockdown is a bind and the winter weather means we’re indoors more it does give a chance to try something different.  I hope you’ve been able to try something new alongside the old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts