09 June 2021

June

 

This is my marker photo for this month. This is my sample of Kawandi quilting that I worked the end of last month. This is an A4 size quilt and used up some scraps of fabric and some slow stitching. 

I made a postcard on the theme of Birthday Month.  My birthday is in November so I used some Japanese designed fabric with chrysanthemums and I had some sticky backed ‘gems’ in a topaz colour for the flower centres.  I found an old piece of blue and white striped fabric for the colours of the St Andrews flag so I fused strips of that to edge the card.


One Saturday I enjoyed a bit of block sewing time and made some quarter square blocks for the Siblinggs Together bee this month.  Only 2 pairs were required but I ended sewing 4 pairs.  The inspiration came from the blog Cluck, Cluck, Sew

There’s another block drive from Siblings Together here for some larger blocks with a weaving pattern to them. I had a go at one and another has just been made.


I’ve joined an ATC group run bu Townswomens Guild online.  The theme for the swap is Red, white and blue.  I used fabrics for this swap, but I may try some other techniques for future swaps, but this is ‘toe in the water’ for me, I’ve made two cards - one to keep and one to swap.


I have been trying out some alternative things like mono printing using a small Gelli Plate and using wooden stamps to take off the paint. Some have worked better than others, but they looked quite good. A good postcard size to pop in with mail.



So still keeping busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts