25 June 2021

Organising Projects and Garden Visit

 Following my last post about old cross stitch projects now completed, I found another with a lot of work needed on it.  This is the Arsenal shield, mentioned in my last post too, which needs a lot doing to it. Figuring that if I did a few minutes each day it will eventually get done. First of all if needed a project bag to keep fabric, threads and chart together.

The front, with a vinyl cover
The back with quilt as you go strips.  I’ve used strips from the Cocktail Party fabrics in my stash.

All safely tucked in place and ready to pick up when I want to work on it.  Stitches on the wheel of the cannon was as far as I got when I found it.  Working this week it’s got a little further - this may take awhile.
Another hand sewing project I’ve been working on is this crewel work embroidery but as I’ve only got a vague idea of the stitches used, I’ve done it my way.  That too is organised with embroidery, threads and picture in another pouch, which I made quite a while ago.


Having suggested making one or two project bags for my granddaughter’s activities, I’ll be busy making more.

This week David and I have been out visiting a garden at Cranborne Manor between Wimborne and Shaftesbury.  It was a lovely afternoon and a delight to walk around and then have tea and scones after.






The pink flowerbed above had pinks (dianthus) as well as roses, so the perfume was really powerful and just buzzing (literally) with bees. The arched walkway had apples trained over the arch. It was a lovely afternoon out. 

I made a new friend - he didn’t say a lot but he had my mask!  No he didn’t - I put mine down on the grass to take a selfie and forgot to pick it up after. David had a spare one in the car fortunately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts