19 July 2021

All About the Hats

 In the last few days I’ve been making hats.  I’ve made the Talmadge Cloche by Romi Hill which is the Year of Techniques book by Jen Arnall-Culliford.  It wasn’t an easy pattern as I started this in May and I frogged back and restarted at the end of last month. The good thing about this book is there is not only a physical book to leaf through, but also an ebook so that the individual patterns can be printed off to write on, and I did write on this one.

There are 5 panels on this hat and my double pointed needles come in sets of 5, so I had to use one 3.25 needle in addition to my 3.0 set, but that worked out ok.  It is a lovely Lacy pattern which shows better once blocked, which I did over a head size ball of bubble wrap!   The buttons I used from my stash which were formerly trim from a pair of slippers.

Meanwhile I used some yarn from Sarah’s cardigan to make another hat from the book, the Ruschia hat, by Woolly Wormhead which is sideways knitted, with a provisional cast on (never done that before) and those stitches were grafted onto the last row stitches. It only took a few days to knit and I think there may be more of these in my future.



So these are my knitted hat finishes. Now for a sewing hat finish….

This is the bucket hat by Kitsch Bitsch, which I can’t link as it no longer exists.  I bought a sun hat from National Trust which folds up buy the brim is so wide that it’s easily caught by the wind.  I used the pattern before a few years back but the hat is long gone so on Saturday I made this one,  the fabric from stash, was a Lewis and Irene ‘A Little Bird Told Me’ with a grey Makower cow parsley design fabric for the lining. 


I’ll try not to lose this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts