17 November 2021

Mid November

 I’ve been enjoying the autumn weather with the trees turning colour, which has been quite late this year.




These are all local to where I live. I’m lucky that there are paths that have a lot of trees, that have a calming effect of me when I’m out walking.  I try to get out each day at least for 20 minutes but more often it’s 30 - 40 minutes, which is important as the days are getting shorter. These pictures were taken last week and today the leaf cover is definitely much thinner.

Since I’ve finished Flo’s cardigan, here’s another one I’ve started for her.  She is at pre-school this year and is playing outside a lot, so layers of clothing are called for and at least cardigans are easy to put on and pull off.  This one is in Stylecraft Special DK in Cornish Blue (the colour of the bobbles in the green cardigan).  I found a stitch pattern which I’ve used on the bottom of the cardigan. Unlike to bobble cardigan, knitted all in one, this is knitted traditionally in pieces and joined.


I’ve not done much on the sewing front, in fact nothing at all, so it’s mainly been knitting (cardigan above) and crochet (the Yuletide blanket).

In this morning’s post I received a newsletter from West Country Embroiderers.  On the inside of the front cover was this photo.

There was a competition at the recent Spectrum of Stitch exhibition of 3D items and the second prize winner, Jenny Parrott, made the patchwork sewing machine.  My fabric ‘jug’ was right behind it and was in the picture! As you can see I’ve taken a photo with the jug next to the newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts