05 November 2021

November

 

Speeding towards the end of the year November for us is birthday month.  My Mum, David and I all have birthdays in this month and for David and I we reach State Retirement Age, (wow, how did that happen). 

 My monthly marker above is the still-in-progress Yuletide Blanket,  but I am nearly at the point where the borders are added, so not long until it’s completed. The picture shows a couple of shafts of sunlight on he blanket as I took the picture.  It’s a cosy blanket which sits across my lap as it work on it.

This week I made 2 more hearts, which has added to the two I made last week and yesterday I took them to the Area Rep for the local region of the Quilters’ Guild.  She had a workshop last week that I couldn’t go to to make these so I made the hearts at home instead. These will be for breast cancer patients at Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester, but some may possibly go to Poole Hospital. 

This week I have gone down a virtual rabbit hole!  I was looking at Instagram when I came across this mystery Gnome KAL (knit a long) that will start in December and the designer had a discount on the pattern for a short time so I bought it. (Image below from Imagined Landscapes)

 No sooner than I purchased that I then went and looked for a mini skein set to make it.  Ordered it on Wednesday and it arrived yesterday. It’s from Lamington Lass on Etsy and I ordered these lovely autumnal colours, and it’s called ‘Gnutmeg and Egg Nog’.

Gnever Gnitted a Gnome before, so this will be exciting. I wondered what to do as an Advent project this year and as clues will be daily from 1 to 24 December this should fit the bill. It’s only the 5th today so I’ve got to wait for 25 days.

In the meantime I have some socks on the go, some Stylecraft Head Over Heels in the Red Pots Colourway and taking part of the Easy Lace socks pattern (by Winwick Mum) on the side of the leg. I’ve just finished the heel flap and will be picking up stitches.

So that’s how my November is looking so far.


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to you both. Your crochet blanket looks very snug and it will be interesting to see your mystery gnome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts