19 January 2022

Mid January Musing

 I have a finish - the chunky waistcoat 

It was a King Cole pattern and being chunky it didn’t take me long to.  It only cost me £2.50 and it’s very warm.  Bargain!

I’ve picked up a blue cardigan for Flo from before Christmas.  I’d done the back and most of one front. The second front is under way. For some reason, I knitted the first size not second on the back so I've had to frog back and start that again.  It won't take me long to catch up though.

A new start, which I hope will progress through this year is a new stitch book.  Based on the Sew 4 The Soul book I made year before last.  I’d sewn wadding scraps together before 8 pages cutting to size.

I’ve still yet to decide what the pages will contain, but I have started stitching, albeit that it was joining the  centres of the pages to create a spine. But I was encouraged by working on Victorian style crazy patchwork and enjoying the slow stitching.  The piece I've made is a little to big for the book, but I can make another to fit.  Meanwhile I am enjoying adding stitching and other elements to the original piece.  Below are how it looked last week...

And how it looks today...

There are several reference for me to look at for inspiration and that is Pintangle by Sharon Boggon, who runs an annual Take a Stitch Tuesday and I've also found a book called Crazy Patchwork by Janet Haigh. Most things are from my stash apart from the rose print and the red velvet (below the purple strip), which was from the tutor's, Pat's, collection.

I've also sewn 2 blocks for this month's block mamma's request for the Siblings Together quilt bee.

Happy rainbow blocks.  Put in the post today. Nice easy bit of strip cutting and sewing.




1 comment:

  1. your waistcoat looks great .. I love layers at this time of year .. so much warmer x Having a project that you can pick up when inspiration strikes is such a pleasure x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts