31 January 2022

January Furtling

The last of day of January, which seemed like a long month. Two weeks of this month not very well but over that now and ready to bring in a brighter February.

This month I finished two waistcoats, one of which was Luna sized and sewn, the other knitted.

Having watched the celebrity Sewing Bee programme just before New Year I realised I’d never sewn a waistcoat, so Luna’s was a good place to start and the pattern was from the original Luna Lapin book.

The second waistcoat is for me and knitted (though I’ve not worn it yet) is one made from chunky yarn

I’m back to making some Siblings Together blocks and made two this month, rainbow strip blocks

 What is really getting me going this month is some slow stitching.  I really enjoyed making the Sew 4 the Soul book from 2020, which I finished this time last year and thought of making another stitch book. before then at West Country Embroiderers there was a workshop on  Victorian Crazy Patchwork which I really enjoyed and since added bits onto. The piece below is 9.5” wide x 8”long. It was a joy to pick up as and when to tune into a You Tube or listen to a podcast and sew.

So my stitch book has 12” x 6” ‘pages’ of wadding, which is made up of scrap pieces sewn together and re-cut and i joined the signatures with blanket stitch. I’ve decided to theme the pages by colour and use some use other some elements, such as the themes of Roxy Creations Journal of Stitching for ideas. Let see how it goes. For this month and into February I’ve decided on pink.


I’ve also been enjoying some paper craft making ATC’s. Earlier this month the theme was Teatime and I made this custard cream biscuit card.  I started with a drawing and copied that to paint the biscuit in ochre paint. I’m pleased it looks almost edible! 
I received a card in return. When I make ATC’s I usually make 2 one to keep and one to send.

The card for February has been sent  for the swap and the theme is Winter.  I wasn’t inspired but found one of the Christmas cards has a winter scene so I copied that and added some sparkle and paper snowflakes and mounted onto blue painted card.  The original card design is by Lucy Grossmith for Museums and Galleries. 


One last quick make this month is a wash cloth of a dishcloth pattern from last year by The Kitchen Sink Shop, on Ravelry.  I subscribed to the mailing list to receive a monthly pattern.  This one is called Double Dutch, really quick to make I used King Cole Cottonsoft DK print. Far too pretty to be used in the kitchen!


So that’s it for January. Let's see what February brings.

Joining Mini Archie's Furtle Around the Blogosphere, link here.

Archie The Wonder Dog

2 comments:

  1. Two lovely waistcoats there, Luna looks very cosy and stylish in hers. I love your ATCs, I bet the recipients are thrilled with them. Thanks for Furtling and hooray for finishes *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful work. So beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts