17 February 2022

Mid February Musing

 I was going to sort out my room, but I found a quilt top (which has been on previous years’ finish along lists) and decided it needed sorting.  

I already had the backing (the orange swirl fabric) but the quilt top needed a border, binding and wadding. I made up border strips of remaining black and orange/yellow fabrics from making the quilt top. Sunday was a rainy day and and ideal day to do that. I was able to get some wadding from my local quilt shop, Seahorse Quilting.

Yesterday I sandwiched the quilt together and tack it.


So after a few years hibernation it’s ready to be quilted next week.  

There’s also been progress on my granddaughter’s latest cardigan, joining the pieces to knit the yoke.

But not satisfied with getting this done, I’ve started a new knitting project.  I really like my Spindrift Shawl that I made a couple of years ago, so I thought I’d make another. This time I’m making it in yellow from yarn I bought back in 2018.  The Spindrift shawl is by Helen Stewart, of Curious Handmade, a free pattern by signing up to her newsletter.  The yarn is Crocus which was a hand dyed yarn by Lay Family Yarns as part of the Flower Power Fund fundraiser for Marie Curie charity. I only started this yesterday so it doesn’t look a lot. Apart from patterning at the beginning and end of the rows the rest of each row is stocking stitch and ideal for travel knitting as (hopefully) we’re away this weekend.


On my walks locally there have been signs that Spring is on the way
Crocuses and catkins.  Daffodils are starting to flower too but I’ve not been near to take photos.
The photo below was taken outside the local library

And finally on a trip to Salisbury I found a couple of postbox toppers.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts