06 February 2022

February Finishes and Beginnings

 

The above marker is my Crazy Patchwork piece that I started at West Country Embroiderers and is still a work in progress and fun to dip in and out of.

It’s February and somehow for me it seems a time to sort stuff out.  Sorting out the airing cupboard and spare bedroom and tidying.  Three bags of things to take to the charity shop and one job done. I’ve got a folder with recipes collected over the years and they’ve been sorted too.  I have knitting/crochet patterns that are all over the place in my room, so this morning they were gathered up and sorted into categories and now put into two files.  Old patterns that I’m never going to make have been removed and gone into the recycling bin.  So what’s next?  I’m sure I will think of something.

Anyway, I have a finish 🎉. Flo’s blue cardigan is done and on Friday started another.

The pattern is an old Sirdar pattern and omitted the stitch pattern going up the fronts and instead put in a stitch pattern from a magazine hat pattern.

 Now I’m making another cardigan with yarn Flo chose in Poundland. She liked this rainbow yarn


This is another Sirdar pattern, which I bought from Wool Warehouse as a pdf pattern. In fact I bought 3 girls cardigan patterns as I also have Cecily to knit for too.  The hand thing about pdfs is that you can print one good pattern and write notes all over another print out.

I’ve also been sewing (Shock, horror) and made a couple of blocks for the Siblings Together Bee.  These are Pop Art blocks which is a pattern from Jo Avery’s book Patchwork and Quilting Basics, for which Jo had given the Block Mama permission to use.  There is a picture of the quilt on the cover of Jo’s book.  Anyway here’s mine. Fun to do and loved the bright colours and they are winging their way to the Mama.

Something that has gone by the wayside is my reading so I’m back onto my half hour read, putting the timer on my watch to read a chapter or two.  It’s good discipline for me.

The coming week will see me getting my haircut.  That’ll be another thing sorted.  You can see how my February is shaping up! 


1 comment:

  1. plenty of projects to keep you busy. It feels good to have a sort out .. I usually end up with a "mess" to sort AFTER the sort out! lol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts