15 September 2022

September Happenings

 Last week was an eventful one for the country as we said goodbye to The Queen and hello (in the unfortunate circumstances) to a new King.  May she rest in peace.

The picture above is of a pendant that I had to celebrate the Silver Jubilee in 1977 (I was 22 years old then).  Who knew then there would be further jubilee celebrations for the 50th, 60th and 70th years of her reign. 

It was also my sister’s 60th birthday on the 8th September too and we enjoyed an afternoon tea to celebrate, little knowing the sad news we were to hear later.  By coincidence, her husband was born on Coronation Day in 1953. 

I have started working on a Christmas project, it doesn’t look much at the moment. After some years since making a clown I found myself making another. The main body bit is done, but there are lots of bits yet to make.  I’ve given myself a deadline for the end of September. The clown pattern is from a leaflet designed by Jean Greenhowe.


I’ve gone back to making ATC’s and the theme for September is All the Fun of the Fair, and I made a Ferris Wheel one. Usually I make two at a time, one to keep and one to swap, but this time made just the one and I did remember to take a photo. I tried the sign writing, not sure if that worked or not.

So still keeping busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts