04 October 2022

Furtling in September

 It’s now October. This year is whizzing by and September just went!  We’ve been away again this time to North Yorkshire and I will write a post about that next.

I have a crochet finish as I completed my Flora’s Fauna blanket which is now on the back of one of the settees. 

This was a crochet a long which started in July and designed by Rosina Crochet and kit from Wool Warehouse .  I really enjoyed the mosaic crochet method (which Rosina demonstrates on her You Tube channel).  There are two sizes of blanket, for which the pattern bands are duplicated in the large size.  

This was a technique called mosaic crochet and it is worked but alternating the rows of colour. It was a very clever design and explained in her You Tube videos.

There are lots of things in progress as time rattles along towards C*******s.  At present I'm working on this, another clown. I made 2 a few years ago and a small person has taken a shine to the clown my Mum knitted years ago which is residing in the spare room.  I hoped to be finished by the end of September, but am confident will be finished by this weekend.  There may be another one to do, but I've managed to raid the wool stash so far, so I've not had to go out and buy yarn to make.

But I have completed another project, crochet this time and here is a snippet of what I've made. This is another finish, which I really pleased with.


I used a 150g yarn cake and that little orange piece is all I have left.

Its good to get ahead of the game and I kept a list of needs for the season and have found we have enough wrapping paper and tags, but need to get cards and I'm pleased I've kept that from last C*******s, so thats a win.

As for sewing I've not done much at all.  I went to West Country Embroiderers and took a workshop free machining flowers, mostly using variegated thread.  Still a work in progress but doesn't look too bad.


And I've also made an ATC this month, on the theme of all the fun of the fair and made this card

A Distress Ink background I stitched the circle and spokes in metallic thread and used crystal sticky gems.

So 'thats all folks' for September, but not bad considering I had a week away in Yorkshire.  More of that in the next post.  But for now I'm linking with Mini Archie's September Furtle Around the Blogosphere (very late, mind, I seem to be playing catch up since I got back!)

Archie The Wonder Dog


2 comments:

  1. Your mosaic blanket is amazing! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 am

    Lovely work x (Diane) xstill not letting me comment as me! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts