05 December 2022

December- Heading for Christmas

 

We were out last week to Poole to see the Christmas lights. The above is one of the displays in the centre to which I’ve made my marker this month.

This Christmas tree was on the Quay
It looks all glittery outside the town museum
This was one the quayside
Giant bauble in the High Street. There is an entrance at the side so one can sit inside.

A giant blue anchor on the Quay.

Christmas events have already started with the Dorset Townswomen’s Guild’s carol service at the community church in Poundbury, Dorchester.  My friends and I took the opportunity to see the Christmas market there and seeing the displays at the garden centre before then.  Ladies, including myself knitted bunting flags and jumpers for display outside the church.


I did make 3 jumpers and flags (one of each in red, white and red) a few months ago but I only seem to have a photo of one jumper! The jumper was knitted plain with the pattern sewn on.


There’s more secret making still, but things are progressing. And the Christmas tree is up and decorated today



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:04 am

    (Diane from the Cheshire Quilter here x ) the lights look wonderful x It is sad that some towns are cutting back on their lights because of the cost x So lovely to see them .Especially in this COLD time x Stay warm and safe x The little jumper is lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts