02 December 2022

Furtling in November

 Trying to get this done in November (as I started this, but it’s the beginning of December now) but not a lot I can show as I’m getting stuff ready for Christmas.  I think there will be an almighty show and tell at the end of December!

I have had a request for a gnome so I’ve made Gnombleberry, which was the gnome from last year’s mystery gnome along and quite enjoyed making this little character again. He’s mostly in one piece and started from the hat down, with my preferred method of magic loop, rather than a set of double pointed needles.


And here with my original Gnomebleberry. 

This week I’ve learnt about Iris Folding, thinking it’s almost like foundation paper piecing in patchwork, but not quite. I quite enjoyed this although a bit fiddly with small pieces of paper.

I had a birthday this month, so together with some birthday money plus £5 off at Hobbycraft, I bought one of their trollies and a tin of Inktense blocks as I’d like to do a bit more paper crafting and painting.  I first used Inktense at West Country Embroiderers to colour silk and cotton fabrics and also good as watercolour paints.  Below  are my samples, though I've not produced anything with them.  The paler fabric on the right was a layer of silk which I didn't know was underneath so it soaked up with colour from the top layer. I painted some cotton fabric (the small green bit) and the Inktense block paint coloured that well.

Below is what should have been made, this was by the tutor Liz Kagi.  But maybe at a later date I might feel in the mood to make a picture from the silk pieces. There's just too much going on with the run up to Christmas I couldn't manage it.

I'm hoping all my finishes will be finished in time, so still fettling away (whether its knitting, sewing, crocheting....)

Joining in with Mini Archie's November Furtle Around the Blogosphere.

Archie The Wonder Dog

2 comments:

  1. Gnomebleberry I and Gnomebleberry II are gorgeous and so is the iris-folded tree! And happy birthday! Hooray for birthdays and finishes *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts